Applications for the award-winning LIMF Academy are now open. Simply complete the online application form here to be in with a chance of getting involved. Be quick, applications close at 5pm on Friday 14 August 2020.
Aimed at artists, producer-artists and bands between the ages 16-25 from across Merseyside, LIMF Academy gives you exclusive access to activities and insider know-how from the music industry. For those selected, the Academy offers:
- Financial investment in your career (7 awards of £750 and 3 of £2500)
- A variety of performance opportunities
- Collaborative EP Project and music making opportunities
- Access to exclusive monthly masterclasses and workshop sessions with industry experts and practitioners
- Access to the LIMF Academy Takeover, Industry Insight and Networking Events
- 25 hours of FREE rehearsal time
- 12+ hours of mentoring by Industry Professional
- FREE distribution with Ditto Music
- FREE PRS For Music Membership
- FREE Musicians Union Membership
On top of this, for the three ‘most ready’ artists, producer-artists and/or bands the Academy will also provide:
- A filmed live session
- Creation of professional press assets – photographs, EPK and biog
- Performance at LIMF Academy Orchestrated with the Philharmonic Youth Company + other showcases
- 3 days of FREE recording studio time with A&R support
- Bursary towards live performance and events
- Marketing and PR support for single campaign
- Year round mentoring by Industry Professional
- FREE year round coaching by qualified Life Coach
Interested in getting involved with the LIMF Academy?
Entry into the LIMF Academy is done through an application process. If you are interested in applying please complete the online form here before 5pm on Friday 14 August 2020, when application close. If you have any questions email the team on email@example.com.
In the meantime, makesure you check out our Academy website dedicated to all things LIMF Academy. New releases from Academy artists past and present, live videos, all the latest news and loads of other cool stuff can be found on there…
And get social with us on our Instagram pages.
This year’s judging panel is made up of:
- Yaw Owusu, LIMF Music Curator and Executive Manager of The Playmaker Group
- Elliot Ryder, Bido Lito! Magazine
- Kevin McManus, Head of UNESCO City of Music
- Dave Monks, BBC Introducing Merseyside
- Cath Hurley, Most Deffo
- Kate Gilston, LIMF Academy Project Manager, Culture Liverpool
- Representative from PRS Foundation
- Representation from Youth Music
When the judges have agreed who the top 10 are out of all the applications, they will go on to decide which 3 are the ‘most ready’ and in the best position to take part in the Elite Talent Development Pro-gramme.
Each year the 3 ‘most ready’ artists are invited to take part in the Elite Talent Development Pro-gramme, which is a 12 month programme of support and access to help progress your career in the music industry. It offers mentoring, career investment opportunities, masterclass sessions, showcases and much more.
Once the judges have made their decisions, we will let you know by email if you have been successful by Thursday 3 September 2020.
Given the number of applications we receive we cannot respond to everyone. Unfortunately, if you haven’t heard back from us after the 3 September you haven’t been successful on this occasion. However, if you do want feedback on your application, please get in touch with the LIMF Academy team on: firstname.lastname@example.org
For more information, contact the LIMF Academy Team on: email@example.com