Applications for the award-winning LIMF Academy will soon be open, so if you have a passion for music and want to get involved don’t forget to check back in on this page from 23 May.
Aimed at artists, producer-artists and bands between the ages 16-25 from across Merseyside, LIMF Academy gives you exclusive access to activities and insider know-how from the music industry. For those selected, the Academy offers:
- Performance opportunities at Liverpool International Music Festival and other regular showcases
- Access to exclusive monthly masterclass sessions with industry experts
- Financial investment in your career (3 individuals will each receive an award of £600 and 3 individuals will each receive an award of £2,500)
- Paid membership of PRS For Music
- 50 hours rehearsal time with Pirate Studios
On top of this, for the three most exceptional artists, producer-artists and/or bands the Academy will also provide:
- Creation of professional press assets – photographs, EPK and biog
- Year round mentoring
- Exclusive bi-monthly skills sessions
- Showcase opportunities to key press and industry in both Liverpool and London
- Paid membership for one year to the Musicians’ Union
Interested in getting involved in the award-winning LIMF Academy?
Entry into the LIMF Academy is done through an application process. If you are interested in applying, please register here via firstname.lastname@example.org and we’ll make sure you are notified when applications open on Thursday 23 May 2019 at 7pm.
In the meantime, make sure you check out our new Twitter and Instagram pages dedicated to all things LIMF Academy, including new releases from Academy artists past and present, live videos, all the latest news and loads of other cool stuff.
This year’s judging panel is made up of:
- Yaw Owusu, LIMF Music Curator and Executive Manager of The Playmaker Group
- Kate Gilston, LIMF Project Manager, Culture Liverpool
- Chris Torpey, Editor, Bido Lito! Magazine
- Steve Levine, Grammy Award Winning Music Producer
- Kevin McManus, Head of UNESCO City of Music
- Dave Monks, BBC Introducing Merseyside
- + More TBA
When the judges have agreed who the top 6 artists are out of all the applications, they will go on to decide which 3 are the ‘most ready’ and in the best position to take part in the Elite Talent Development Programme.
Each year the 3 ‘most ready’ artists are invited to take part in the Elite Talent Development Programme, which is a 12 month programme of support and access to help progress your career in the music industry. It offers mentoring, career investment opportunities, masterclass sessions, showcases and much more.
Once the judges have made their decisions, we will let you know by email if you have been successful by Wednesday 19 June.
Given the number of applications we receive we cannot respond to everyone. Unfortunately, if you haven’t heard back from us after the 19 June you haven’t been successful on this occasion. However, if you do want feedback on your application, please get in touch with the LIMF Academy team here.
For more information, contact the LIMF Academy Team at email@example.com