Applications for the award-winning LIMF Academy are now closed. To find out what happens next, check out our FAQs section below. Good luck!
Aimed at artists, bands, producer-DJs between the ages 16-25 from across Merseyside, LIMF Academy gives you exclusive access to activities and insider know-how from the music industry. For those selected, the Academy offers:
- Performance opportunities at Liverpool International Music Festival and other regular showcases
- Access to an exclusive masterclass day featuring panels of top industry experts
On top of this, for three of the most exceptional young artists, bands or producer-DJs the Academy also offers a 12 month Elite Talent Development Programme, which includes:
- Financial investment in your career
- A live session on BBC Introducing with Dave Monks
- Studio time with Steve Levine
- Free music promotions (streaming & radio)
- Creation of professional press assets – photographs, biogs and EPKs
- Monthly masterclass sessions with industry leaders on topics such as marketing, promotion, performance, distribution, media training, funding opportunities and much more
- Year round mentoring by an industry professional
- Showcase opportunities to key press and industry in both Liverpool and London
- Skill development sessions
- London networking events
- Paid membership to Musician’s Union, plus much more
Interested in getting involved in the award-winning LIMF Academy?
Applications for this years LIMF Academy are now closed. If you are interested in applying next year, please email the Academy team on firstname.lastname@example.org.
In the meantime, make sure you check out our Tumblr page dedicated to all things LIMF Academy. New releases from Academy artists past and present, live videos, all the latest news and loads of other cool stuff can be found on there…
Still got questions? Then you may find the following FAQs helpful:
This year’s judging panel is made up of:
- Yaw Owusu, LIMF’s very own curator
- Dave Monks, Presenter of BBC Introducing Merseyside
- Steve Levine, Grammy Award Winning Music Producer
- Chris Torpey, Editor, Bido Lito! Magazine
- Natalie Williams, Head of Research, UK Music
- Chrissie Farrell, Station Manager, KCC Live
- Steve Cusack, Director, Pluggerbeatz
When the judges have agreed who the top 6 artists are out of all the applications, they will go on to decide which 3 are the ‘most ready’ and in the best position to take part in the Elite Talent Development Programme.
Each year the 3 ‘most ready’ artists are invited to take part in the Elite Talent Development Programme, which is a 12 month programme of support to help progress your career in the music industry. It offers mentoring, career investment opportunities, skill development sessions, showcases and much more.
We want to help you get as far as you can with your career by the end of the 12 months, hopefully and ultimately leading to you being launched into the music industry!
Once the judges have made their decisions, we will let you know by email if you have been successful by Tuesday 5 June 2018.
Given the number of applications we receive we cannot respond to everyone. Unfortunately, if you haven’t heard back from us after the 5 June you haven’t been successful on this occasion. However, if you do want feedback on your application, please get in touch with the LIMF Academy team here.
For more information, contact the LIMF Academy Team at email@example.com