ABOUT LIMF ACADEMY
Applications open 09.00 on Thursday 6th April 2017.
Aimed at artists, bands, producer-DJs between the ages 16-25 from across Merseyside, LIMF Academy gives you exclusive access to activities and insider know-how from the music industry. For those selected, the Academy offers:
- Performance opportunities at LIMF Summer Jam and other regular showcases
- Access to an exclusive masterclass day featuring panels of top industry experts
On top of this, for three of the most exceptional young artists, bands or producer-DJs the Academy also offers a 12 month Elite Talent Development Programme, which includes:
- Financial investment in your career
- A live session for BBC Introducing
- Creation of professional press assets – photographs, biogs and EPKs
- Monthly masterclass sessions with industry leaders on topics such as marketing, promotion, performance, distribution, media training, funding opportunities and much more
- Year round mentoring by an industry professional
- Showcase opportunities to key press and industry in both Liverpool and London plus much more
Interested in getting involved in the award-winning LIMF Academy?
Entry into the LIMF Academy is done through an application process. If you are interested in applying, please register here via [email protected] and we’ll make sure you are notified when applications open on Thursday 6th April 2017.
In the meantime, make sure you check out our Tumblr page dedicated to all things LIMF Academy. New releases from Academy artists past and present, live videos, all the latest news and loads of other cool stuff can be found on there…
This year’s judging panel is made up of:
- Yaw Owusu, LIMF’s very own curator
- Dave Monks, Presenter of the BBC Introducing Merseyside
- Steve Levine, Grammy Award Winning Music Producer
- Joe Frankland, PRS for Music Foundation
- Chris Torpey, Editor, Bido Lito! Magazine
- Oliver Morris, UK Music
When the judges have agreed who the top 25 artists are out of all the applications, they will go on to decide which 3 are the ‘most ready’ and in the best position to take part in the Elite Talent Development Programme.
Each year the 3 ‘most ready’ artists are invited to take part in the Elite Talent Development Programme, which is a 12 month programme of support to help progress your career in the music industry. It offers mentoring, career investment opportunities, masterclass sessions, showcases and much more.
We want to help you get as far as you can with your career by the end of the 12 months, hopefully and ultimately leading to you being launched into the music industry!
Once the judges have made their decisions, we will let you know by email if you have been successful by Saturday 20th May 2017.
Given the number of applications we receive we cannot respond to everyone. Unfortunately, if you haven’t heard back from us after the 20th May you haven’t been successful on this occasion. However, if you do want feedback on your application, please get in touch with the LIMF Academy team here.
For more information, contact the LIMF Academy Team at [email protected]