ABOUT LIMF ACADEMY
Applications for the award-winning LIMF Academy have now closed. To find out what happens next please read our FAQ’s below. Thank’s to everyone who has applied and Good Luck!
Aimed at artists, bands, producer-DJs between the ages 13-25 from across Merseyside, LIMF Academy gives you exclusive access to activities and insider know-how from the music industry. For those selected, the Academy offers:
- Performance opportunities at LIMF Summer Jam and other regular showcases
- Access to an exclusive masterclass day featuring panels of top industry experts
On top of this, for three of the most exceptional young artists, bands or producer-DJs the Academy also offers a 12 month Elite Talent Development Programme, which includes:
- Financial investment in your career
- A live session for BBC Introducing
- Creation of professional press assets – photographs, biogs and EPKs
- Monthly masterclass sessions with industry leaders on topics such as marketing, promotion, performance, distribution, media training, funding opportunities and much more
- Year round mentoring by an industry professional
- Showcase opportunities to key press and industry in both Liverpool and London plus much more
Interested in getting involved in the award-winning LIMF Academy?
Applications for LIMF Academy 2017 have now closed. If you’re interested in applying for next year please email our team here.
This year’s judging panel is made up of:
- Yaw Owusu, LIMF’s very own curator
- Dave Monks, Presenter of BBC Introducing Merseyside
- Steve Levine, Grammy Award Winning Music Producer
- Naomi Belshaw, PRS for Music Foundation
- Chris Torpey, Editor, Bido Lito! Magazine
- Oliver Morris, Director of Education & Skills, UK Music
When the judges have agreed who the top 20 artists are out of all the applications, they will go on to decide which 3 are the ‘most ready’ and in the best position to take part in the Elite Talent Development Programme.
Each year the 3 ‘most ready’ artists are invited to take part in the Elite Talent Development Programme, which is a 12 month programme of support to help progress your career in the music industry. It offers mentoring, career investment opportunities, masterclass sessions, showcases and much more.
We want to help you get as far as you can with your career by the end of the 12 months, hopefully and ultimately leading to you being launched into the music industry!
Once the judges have made their decisions, we will let you know by email if you have been successful by Saturday 20th May 2017.
Given the number of applications we receive we cannot respond to everyone. Unfortunately, if you haven’t heard back from us after the 20th May you haven’t been successful on this occasion. However, if you do want feedback on your application, please get in touch with the LIMF Academy team here.
For more information, contact the LIMF Academy Team at [email protected]